Friday, September 17, 2010

New Year, New Friends


So a new year has come to Northwood and I'm super excited. During the summer I kept in contact with my Northwood friends over the internet with games of risk. We'd goof off in the chat and throw some friendly smack talk around and gang up on each other until someone finally won. Then we'd wait for the next game. The most exciting thing for me was going back and seeing all of my friends again.
Coming back to school was interesting for me. I met my new suitemates, who were both Chinese, and I begain learning another culture. Living on the outskirts of campus I met some new students that I just clicked with. We've had a dinner party and a surprise birthday party already. And each time the event just brought us all even closer together. I'm excited to have made some new friends, some of them from China, a girl from India, and a few other friends from even more countries. I'm excited to learn from my friends as we grow stronger together.
I haven't stopped hanging out with my old friends just because I've made new ones. The great thing about Northwood is it's a smaller campus. And with more friends I'm always running into one of them either in my classes, or the cafeteria, or even just wandering around campus.
I'm definetly excited to see what the new year will bring after all we're only in week 4!

Tricia Moshier

No comments:

Post a Comment