Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Living with International Students

Coming back to Northwood was exciting for me. I was moving from the dorms to upper classman housing! My first day back a few Chinese students helped me move in. I found out they were my new suitemates. The South Village housing has a stove and I quickly found out they love to cook. As they were Chinese and it was their food they were cooking they encouraged me to eat with chopsticks which I found not as challenging as I would have thought.


The first time I woke up from a nap and all I heard was Chinese it was kind of disorienting. I wasn't sure where I was at first. It's interesting being around another culture all the time. The girls seem to be able to eat more than my boyfriend can. They're not half bad cooks either. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year is like.




Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment