Sunday, October 17, 2010

After the Autoshow

This entire weekend was a blast! I left my weekend wide open, didn't have a team and wasn't scheduled for the food tents. The only thing I had to do was give tours of campus on Saturday during the Auto Show Open House. Thursday I helped team KIA put together their display. There was this amazing mural that Alyssia hand painted. Between the mural and the rest of the display there were a lot of things to move. The entire display turned out magnificent.



Friday brought people coming to see the auto show and it was my chance to see all of the displays. I'm not sure I could pick my favorite car. My favorite display was KIA, though I'm partial because my friends put it together and I helped set it up. I loved seeing the European cars, the Harley Davidson motorcycles, and the John Deer tractors. Yes, I come from a small farm town.


Saturday brought the homecoming game which we won 51 to 27. Homecoming king and queen was announced and the 2010 Northwood University Athlete Hall of Fame inductees were announced. After the game I worked at the Woodside Grill, one of the food tents, did the dishes, and went out on a date to with my boyfriend for Sweetest Day.


Sunday brought the classic cars out to the auto show. There were some pretty sweet cars there. Walking through the auto show with my boyfriend and his dog Minnie I went and saw Robb Brent, who is a Northwood Alumni from the class of 2010 who races in the ARCA series. He was there with his race car supporting Northwood and showing everyone the inside of his trailer. He took a picture with Minnie, and Josh, my boyfriend, talked with one of the guys from his team about cars and races. Pretty much everything he's dreamed about since he was seven. After talking to Robb we helped KIA break down than went for dinner. We ate dinner at the cafeteria than Josh went home.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend full of memories I can't wait to repeat next year.
Patricia Moshier

No comments:

Post a Comment