Saturday, October 23, 2010

ICON: Interculteral Club of Northwood


Being at college I've gotten to know many different people from different countries and cultures. Last year I didn't think to much about it. In my home town there used to people from other countries all the time working with a local missionary to learn to be youth leaders. This year however living with a couple of Chinese students and learning their culture inspired me to join ICON.


The purpose of ICON is to learn about the different cultures here on campus and in the community. I've met more people there that I now consider good friends and became closer to my other friends. Learning to understand other cultures is a good skill to have as the world becomes more and more of a global economy.


As Halloween is coming up ICON is having a party. Many students from other countries who don't celebrate Halloween don't know what this holiday is even about and don't know the first thing about picking out a Halloween costume. Yesterday we went to the thrift stores to help them come up with creative costumes that wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg for something that they'd get to wear one time.


I can't wait to see all of the costumes at the Halloween party next week.




Tricia Moshier

No comments:

Post a Comment